I found a good quote

I'm not usually curious enough to find a good quote, but iGoogle came to my rescue with "Quote of the Day".


The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it.
  - 
Flannery O'Connor


 It's interesting because I studied O'Conner's work in a class I took in college on southern women writers. Her statement is poignant and I really think she's on to something there.   The truth is that it's raining, whether I want to acknowledge it or believe it or I can't bring myself to go outside, nothing changes the fact that it's raining.


A relative (or two) in my life drive me crazy with their selfish behavior.  I have a hard time with that and really want to change that and it makes me angry and sad at the same time.  But it's true.  I can hardly stomach to speak to them or be around them or think about visiting them, but it's never going to change.  I have so much trouble accepting that simple truth, but the sooner I do, I think the more free I'll be from the emotional anguish I put myself through trying to get along and fit in and make people happy.


So my therapy for tonight is to make some happy cards and plan some celebration scrapbook pages and plan to hang out tomorrow with people that I love to be around.  From a quote to too much information about my crazy thoughts to therapeutic arts and crafts, such is life for me tonight.  At least it's ending in something productive!  :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment