Black Friday

Why is the day after Thanksgiving called Black Friday anyway?  In so many ways it is:  it's pitch black outside when people stand in line for sales, moods are dark when people fight over sale items in stores, the bags under people's eyes are black from not getting enough sleep, or people have black eyes from fighting with their loving family.

Today is especially dark for me.  My parents live across the country and right now my Daddy is really suffering.  It's hurts to not be closer, to not know the details of what's going on, and to feel so helpless.  Really all I can do is call, cry, blog and repeat.  Like my dear friend Kristin told me about soothing my newborn, go down the list and if that doesn't help, then start again at the top.  I'm blogging now, so maybe I'll try to get some sleep before I start the list again.

Please send your prayers, thoughts, vibes, energy, psychic hugs, or whatever it is that you do, they all help.

0 comments:

Post a Comment